Tuesday, October 5, 2010

TRUTH IN EVERY AREA
“Surely you desire truth in the inner parts; you teach me wisdom in the inmost place.”
Psalm 51:6

We have all lied at some point, right? Admit it; you know it is true. Right away I can remember a few lies I told during my years growing up. And I can remember lies I told me spouse when I was married. But why do we lie? What point does it serve other than to leave a guilty film on our soul which doesn’t leave until we either confess or grow so numb that we don’t even care? Is a lie worth saving ourselves in that moment only to cause pain and distrust when the truth is finally made known?
In the Hebrew language, the word for TRUTH in Psalm 51:6 is EMET (אֱמֶת). However, let us look for a moment at this word in the Hebrew, as every letter has a reason. The first letter in the Hebrew alphabet is aleph (א). There are a few less letters in the Hebrew alphabet, but the letter in the middle is mem (מ). The final letter in the Hebrew alphabet is tav (ת). So now that I have given you a simple Hebrew lesson, what is my point?
I have been studying this word for a few days now, allowing God to teach me and convict me in areas where I need to be more EMET-ful. In my studies, God showed me that He desires truth in every area of my life. God desires I be truthful in the beginning, the aleph’s of life. This may take me having to be a little more cautious from the start in both my words and my actions. But God also desires truthfulness in the middle, the mem’s of life. What God showed me concerning this relates to the areas where even now I am in the midst of dishonesty. While I still have the opportunity, I must change my ways from that of deceit and lying to that of truth before it is too late. And lastly, I must be truthful in the tav’s of life. I want to finish strong and without the regret of dishonest gain.
God desires truth in the inner parts. He delights with pleasure when truth is found in our inner regions and hidden areas. And God is willing to reveal to us the wisdom we need in our life. Maybe that is why one of the pieces of our armor is the belt of truth. God does not want us to be deceived and lied to, nor deceive and lie to others.
I don’t know where you are in life; whether you struggle with deceit and ‘little white lies’, but I want to challenge you to begin implementing EMET into your life. When we see God as the way, the TRUTH, and the life in our lives, then we will begin to live with more truth in every area of our personal life – the beginning, the middle, and the end. If you also choose EMET, then join me ON THE VANGUARD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

GOD OUR FATHER

If one were to move away from the misconception that God is so distant in His status and truly understand, as Christ so often pointed ou...