Saturday, November 24, 2012

NOW IS…
“For [God] says, ‘In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.’ I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.”
II Corinthians 6:2

Have you ever felt trapped by the enemy? Have you ever felt like he has you pinned down, or pushed up against the wall, or confined into a corner? Have you ever felt that no matter what you do, you can never get ahead? You pay your tithes, you give to the needy, and you keep the commandments, but still you are no better off like God’s word promises. Or how about this, do you ever feel molested by the enemy? Your wallet is molested, your health is molested, in every area you are molested? I know that feeling. I know what it feels like to at a place where nothing seems to go right, and that the more good you do, the worse your situation becomes. In those moments I find myself calling out to God, “Why? Why can’t I see a breakthrough, why can’t I get ahead, why do I find myself spinning in circles and forever attacked by the enemy?”
For those very questions, II Corinthians 6:2 was written. But let us step back a second and look at the context of this verse. It starts out saying that He, God, says something to us. The words that follow are a quote of something God has already said. “For he says, ‘In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.’” These words are quoted of God from Isaiah 49:8, and go on not only to state that in the time of His favor He hears, and in the day of salvation He helps, but also that He will keep the people Judah and make them a covenant people, restoring the land and reassigning its desolate inheritances. It is here in the letter to the Corinthians that Paul quotes these words, and offers hope. Paul adds, “I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.”
The context is great, but what does that have to do with me? Well I am glad you asked. Do you realize that God’s promises never go void? In Isaiah, these words were prophesied. In the Corinthian letter these words find their timing. Now is the time and day for favor and salvation to be found. Yet do we know what this means? Now is pretty simple, meaning NOW! Right now, at this moment, at this present spot is found the favor and timing. Now is the EUPROSDEKTOS, the well received and acceptable due period, the opportunity translated as favor. But now is also the day of SOTERIA. Soteria is Greek for deliverance, preservation, safety, and salvation. Soteria is the deliverance from the molestation of the enemy. On God’s watch, this moment is the moment for His opportunities to us and His deliverance from the enemy.
So I ask you again, have you ever felt that no matter what you do, you can never get ahead? Or do you ever feel molested by the enemy? It is time to bank on the words God first spoke to Judah through Isaiah, and Paul later spoke to us. Now is the time for it all to end. Right now is the time for your freedom. I urge you to pray. Pray the curse, known or unknown, off your life. Pray the breaking of the enemy’s schemes to keep you down. And pray in faith that though you were once down, you will no longer stay down. Right now God is reaching out to deliver you. When is the best time for this? Now is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GOD OUR FATHER

If one were to move away from the misconception that God is so distant in His status and truly understand, as Christ so often pointed ou...