Friday, August 6, 2010

DROP KICKIN' THE DEVIL
"From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been forcefully advancing, and forceful men lay hold of it."
Matthew 11:12

I have decided I am fed up with the devil. Really! I am so tired of him taking his cheap shots on me and trying to get me to renege on my relationship with Christ. He is a relentless foe who is bent on my destruction, and I am sick of it. John 10:10 says that he, the thief, comes to steal, kill, and destroy. The devil wants me to have no part in Christ and will stop at nothing to plant schemes, traps, and pitfalls in my path. However, I believe it is time to take out the trash.
In 1998, Christian artist Carman sang a song titled, "SLAM". The song spoke of the lies and deceit of the enemy verses the truth according to God. One of the lines that has continued to remain fresh in my mind since my first hearing the song states, "Yes I am the Christian that hell warned you about." That line has been a challenge to me since then because I want that the be true of my life. In fact, I even wear a dog tag etched out with that line around my neck daily these days as a reminder to me of the Christian I want to be. I want to be that one whose prayers carry power in the heavens, whose hands God uses to heal, and whose words bring life. I want to be so full of God's anointing that the devil and demons fear when I get on my knees.
I Peter 5:8 tells us that the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Will it be you? Are you easy bait for the enemy, or are you one who is clothed in the Armor of God and not only taking your stance against the devil, but also proactively and forcefully advancing on the enemy? As for me, I'm done. I'm done listening to the lies and being an easy target. I am advancing, and in the power of God I will declare who I am in Christ and drop kick the devil and his demons as I march on his pathetic kingdom. I'm on the move, how about you? Get fed up, throw on your armor, and advance on the enemy. Now join me ON THE VANGUARD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

GOD OUR FATHER

If one were to move away from the misconception that God is so distant in His status and truly understand, as Christ so often pointed ou...