Saturday, March 16, 2013

NOTHING CAN STAND AGAINST THE LORD
“There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the LORD”
Proverbs 21:30

I feel like today I want to shoot straight to the point, put the cards out on the table and dive right into the Word. As I was reading through parts of Proverbs again today, my spirit jumped at the following verse. “There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the LORD.” I began to think about this in relation to accounts found in the Word. God had a plan to use Gideon and even Gideon’s self-image could not stand against God. God had the wisdom to use Samson and even his lack of hair and strength after being deceived could not stand against God. And God had the insight to use David to take down the giant, and even this mighty Philistine could not stand against God. So what then makes the enemy think that his plans are greater than God’s? What then makes the devil think that to any degree that he has a chance of winning?
I am facing giants right now. I am going head-to-head in a spiritual battle even as I write. But the difference between my view and my enemy’s view is ‘truth’. You see, the enemy thinks he will win. I know I will win. And I will win not because of who I am, but because of who God is in me. He is the one who has ordained my steps. He is the one who has forecasted the end result. And He is the one who has put His grand plan into motion. Who can stand, then, against the LORD?
This verse tells us that no wisdom, no insight, and no plan can stand against God. The Hebrew word here for ‘wisdom’ is CHOKMAH, meaning warfare skill or shrewdness. The Hebrew word for ‘insight’ is TABUWN, meaning intelligence, teaching, or object of knowledge. And the Hebrew word for ‘plan’ in this verse is ‘ETSAH, meaning counsel, advice, or purpose. These things, these strategies that the enemy uses on a daily basis in his warfare against us, have no ability to stand against God’s ways. Did you read that? They cannot stand against God. But we are easily convinced to some degree that they have power. Stop! Read the verse again! “There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the LORD.”
I understand you may be facing hard times. I understand that you may be in a battle. I understand that your strength has been zapped, your self-image is poor, and the giant is standing there mocking you, but this verse says, “There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the LORD.” You will win! You have the one piece to the puzzle that the enemy does not. You have God on your side and the enemy cannot stand against Him. Stand up, wipe yourself off, and grab this truth. You plus God is bigger than any army you will ever face. What can the devil do to you? Nothing! God is fighting with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

GOD OUR FATHER

If one were to move away from the misconception that God is so distant in His status and truly understand, as Christ so often pointed ou...