Friday, July 22, 2011

HIGHER LAW
“For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.”
Isaiah 55:9 KJV

God has been showing me something lately. Well maybe He has been trying to show this to me for a while but it has been more pronounced over the past two weeks. It was two weeks ago today that I went to hear a guest speaker at church and received a word from the Lord. In this prophecy it was spoken that God has a higher law than what I can see right away, and that this law will override what the world says about tough situations. At the time I heard this, I thought on it some. I thought about it in relation to my current situations and the things I want to see changed. I also thought about it in regards to the events that happened on my vacation. But it wasn’t until yesterday as I was praying that I really began to meditate on these words and hear more of what God meant.
In Isaiah 55:9 we read that God’s ways and thoughts are higher than our ways and thoughts. Looking at it from a practical standpoint, we may not see it the same way. So then, let me explain it the way God showed me through two illustrations. First, having recently been on an airplane with my children, I remember looking out the window with them and hearing my son say, “The cars look like ants outside.” It is true. When we are flying up over the landscape we see things in a whole new perspective. What may be a massive mountain in front of us becomes a tiny ant hill from that far above. And so it is for God and our situations. What appears to be something so massive in our eyes is nothing more than an anthill in God’s. This proves that physical perspective plays a great deal in God’s higher law.
Yet there is more. There is also the faith perspective. When I broke my leg in 1993 I was told I would need surgery in order to walk again. I never did get the surgery but rather trusted that God would heal my body. By faith I believed, prayed, and trusted in His ability to bring about a change. After two weeks I got so tired of leaning on my physical crutches that I through them off and began to walk again. The higher law of God here was that even though the doctor said I could not, God said I could. In Christ I was healed regardless of what my x-rays showed, and when my faith that God could heal me was extended, He did heal.
So what is the point to all this? Simple, God’s higher law is still at work. Right now I am facing situations like how can I become debt free when the economy is restrained? How can I move into the destiny God is calling me to? How can I give more in the offering? How can I, how can I, how can I! As God has shown me, so I now share with you. There is only one way…God’s higher law. When the world tells us we cannot, God tells us He can. When the world shows us one closed door after another, God opens doors for us that not even hell can stop. When the world puts up a roadblock, God carves a new path. God’s ways and thoughts are higher. This word ‘higher’ is the Hebrew word GABAHH, meaning high, lofty, tall, upward, and good sensed. So the next time you face a struggle preventing you from what God has told you, keep having faith and proclaim His truth. His higher law will prevail no matter what the enemy throws in your path.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GOD OUR FATHER

If one were to move away from the misconception that God is so distant in His status and truly understand, as Christ so often pointed ou...