Wednesday, August 26, 2009

HIS STORY IS HISTORY
"Do not gloat over me. my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, the LORD will be my light"
Micah 7:8

I heard a quote over the weekend that stirred me.
"Every man creates his story - HISTORY. What will HISTORY reflect of you?"It caused me to do some thinking in the hours and days that followed. I first thought of Jesus and how His story changed the world. If He had not come to earth to become our redemption, then for me, life would be worth nothing.
But this concept can be seen in all history. Christopher Columbus wrote his story as a man on a mission to explore the world. Harriet Tubman's story was of an underground railroad that would help to free many slaves. George Washington Carver allowed his story to read the many uses for a peanut. Adolph Hitler penned his story as a murderer of millions. The list goes on and on, good and bad, man and woman. History does not play favorites as it gives everyone the chance to journal. What is journaled, however, depends on the author.
What will HISTORY reflect of you? These words still challenge me. Some days I feel like my life is still an open empty book waiting to be written in. Other times I feel like my past has already written my future for me, so there is nothing new to add in the book. But that is where I am wrong, and where Micah 7:8 begins to take shape. In every one's book there will be stories of victory as well as defeat. In those lines of sadness or error, our enemy tries to keep us down. The villain never wants a happy ending, so he will twist the story to work in his favor. If we allow ourselves to be robbed of the happy ending, then yes, our story is complete and not many will reflect on the legacy our pages left.
But I encourage you with this. You are the main character in your story, and the story isn't finished yet. Let us not end our story in defeat, but say to our enemy that there is no cause to rejoice over a stumble or a moment of darkness. My story begins and ends with the LORD Himself, raising me out of my despair and placing me in the light of His countenance.
"Do not gloat over me. my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, the LORD will be my light"
Write your story...write history for all to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GOD OUR FATHER

If one were to move away from the misconception that God is so distant in His status and truly understand, as Christ so often pointed ou...