Thursday, April 2, 2009

MORE MUSTARD PLEASE
"I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

Matthew 17:20

Last month was a trying time for me, but I wouldn't change it for anything. I started up my car and was ready to hit the road and go to work. I was ready, but my car wasn't. Overnight my power steering went out. And not just the hose and power steering fluid, but the rack and pinion. I was able to get to work with the help of a friend, and was able to borrow a car for a few days while my was being looked at, but when I got the call from the mechanic concerning the price, my faith was challenged. It was going to cost so much more than I had that even the mechanic advised it would be better to purchase a new car.
So I hit the floor, balancing between panic and faith. At times, though, it was more panic than faith. I had to make myself be strong and believe that God had my needs in mind. I had to believe God's word, that He would be my Jehova Jirah, my provider. Within three days of hearing the news I received a call that someone I didn't know had heard about my need and was prepared to help me purchase a used car. And this car came with lower miles, better gas mileage, and other features that were either better or newer than the car I was losing. I knew I was being blessed.
But here's what I stumble. I don't consider myself to be a giant of faith. I have seen God move in my life and those times have been stepping stones for me. For instance, like when I broke my femur in that 'just right' spot and was told by the doctor I would not walk again without surgery, and God healed me completely and I walk just fine. Or when I sold my house in six days when the market wasn't at it's best. I have seen God use me to pray for others and they get healed, and that too builds my faith. But I am no giant. I still question if God can at times...not so much will He...but can He?
Recently I was talking with my girlfriend about all the things we are wanting to see God do, and I found myself referencing this verse to her about having a mustard seed of faith. And then it hit me, I didn't have a lot of faith that God would work out a car for me. I expected to go deep into debt with a loan of some sort. I had about a mustard's seed worth of faith, and even that I had to 'muster' up. But that is what God says is enough for Him to work with. If we have a mustard's seed worth, then we have enough to move mountains, have bills paid, experience healing, and even see miracles. If NOTHING is impossible with just a mustard seed, then the limits are limitless.
So what are you believing God for? Do you believe it will come to pass and that God has your best in mind? Take it from someone who has recently experienced this for himself. All it takes, all we are required to have, all we need is a mustard seed of faith. Come on, I know you can muster that up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GOD OUR FATHER

If one were to move away from the misconception that God is so distant in His status and truly understand, as Christ so often pointed ou...